Nature Conservancy at Camassia Natural AreaWest Linn, Oregon
Volunteer Vacations Summary
Conservation activities in beautiful natural area with unique and rare plant species, wildlife viewing, and hiking trails
Organization: Nature Conservancy at Camassia Natural Area
Date: May 7-10, 2019
Deadline to Commit: March 31, 2019
Volunteer Time (Approximate): Hours range, maximum 6 hours of physical work daily
Number of Volunteers: 25
Lead: Callie Baumgartner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 925-498-1915
- Classic ivy removal project (off ground and trees)
- Annual weed pulling
- Trail maintenance (clear brush, cut plants, spread cedar chips)
- Recommended hotel: Silver Cloud Inn, https://www.silvercloud.com/
- Uber, Lyft or rent a car
- All meals will be at our expense
- On Thursday night, we’ll have a group dinner and wine tasting at Seven Bridges Winery in downtown Portland.
Armanino team member Rob Harrison will be our host and tour guide at the winery!
- Arrive anytime on Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- Depart anytime after 4 p.m. on Friday, May 10, 2019
- Meals/incidentals: $400 (includes 3 meals per day, snacks, and one dinner out)
- Lodging: $600
- TBD – approx. $150 from Bay Area, $300 from Dallas and $375 from Chicago into PDX
- Total Estimated Costs: $1,375
Estimated Reimbursements for Armanino Staff Members:
- Up to $1000
- Bring rain gear and waterproof work shoes – this is Portland!
- Kids are welcome (need to sign waiver and be with parent)
- Host will provide all work supplies needed, no cost to volunteer
- Individual will provide: Travel costs (flight/drive), lodging, food/incidentals
- Meals: Typically go to local restaurants (i.e. pizza) for lunch, all on own
- Free time: Portland is nearby!
- Fun outing for readers – Powell’s Bookstore, an entire city block of books to choose from
- Approx. 20 miles from airport
- Flights (Southwest)
- Oakland – approx. $200
- Burbank/LA – approx. $175-$225
- Dallas – approx. $275-$350
Sign-ups are accepted on a first come, first reserved basis. To commit to a Volunteer Vacation, complete this form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VVCommit. Your trip leader will contact you to confirm your commitment and answer any questions you have.