Teaching English in ThailandChiang Mai, Thailand
Volunteer Vacations Summary
Volunteer at an elephant sanctuary and teach English at a primary school for children
We are excited to announce that this 2019 trip to Thailand has sold out. Please consider joining us for one of our other Volunteer Vacations.
Organization: The Friends for Asia Foundation
Date: November 13-21, 2019 (13th, 14th, and 21st are travel days)
Deadline to Commit: May 31, 2019
Volunteer Time (Approximate): 8:00am-12:00pm teaching, with cultural activities in the afternoon
Number of Volunteers: 15 Armanino staff members, additional 15 Armanino partners or friends and family
Age Restrictions: 18+
Address/Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Lead: Brenda Kahler (San Francisco), Brenda.Kahler@armaninollp.com; Elizabeth Vu (Los Angeles), Elizabeth.Vu@armaninollp.com
- Teaching English to primary school aged children
- One day volunteering at an elephant sanctuary (feeding, cleaning, hiking with elephants)
- English Camp with children, introducing them to western games & culture
- Each afternoon will include other cultural activities such as a cooking class, visiting local markets and villages, temple visits, other local attractions
- Friends for Asia will take us to/from the school and hotel; airport pick ups and drop offs to be arranged at a later date
- All meals during the program are included; Not included are meals on travel days
- Flight: Plan to arrive in Chiang Mai on November 14th
- Depart Chiang Mai on the 21st
- Program costs (including local transportation in Chiang Mai, meals, lodging, and cultural activities): $900
- Flights: approx $775 from California, $975 from outside California
- Lodging: $100 overnight in Bangkok
- Meals: $100 for travel days and outside provided meal times
- Total: Between $2,100-$2,300
Estimated Reimbursements for Armanino Staff Members:
- Up to $1650
- Special Note: There is an option to extend the Volunteer Vacation English tutoring portion of the trip up to 3 additional days
- Passport and Visa: a tourist visa is not required for US Passport holders and your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from entry date.
- Vaccines: There are no required vaccines for this trip however, the CDC recommends that you are up-to-date on all routine vaccines including measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis, varicella (chickenpox), polio, and your yearly flu shot as well as hepatitis A and typhoid fever. Depending on what country your passport is from and other health considerations you may want to consider vaccines for hepatitis B, japanese encephalitis, malaria, rabies, or yellow fever. We recommend you consult with your doctor at least three months prior to the trip as some vaccinations require a booster and malaria prevention begins two weeks prior to departure.
- Volunteers will be required to perform a background check via their local police station or city hall (minimal fees), or an FBI fingerprint background check ($40); FBI fingerprint background check will take several months to process.
Sign-ups are accepted on a first come, first reserved basis. To commit to a Volunteer Vacation, complete this form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VVCommit. Your trip leader will contact you to confirm your commitment and answer any questions you have.